07 June 2009

Going Green Never Tasted so Good - Candy Wrapper Purses


While on vacation, we stopped at the M&M store which featured Candy Wrapper Purses. The purses were made from M&M wrappers. They were very nice looking, but they were a bit expensive for me. My mom then reminded me that when I was young we would make chains from our of candy wrappers, which is the base part of the purses.

I started looking around on the internet and found several sites for making these purses. First, let me mention that there is a site called Save the World Designs that sells these purses and other fashion accessories made from recycles items, but if you would like to make your own, here is where you can find out how.

  • Wrapper Purses - Has step-by-step pictures for creating a purse using potato chip wrappers.
  • eHow - High-level instructions but there are several links on the side to other ideas.
  • Purse Project - Contains a lot of pictures for different ideas and instruction for making a purse from cigarette packs (Keep our roadsides clean!).
  • Nahui Ollin demo video:
  • Starburst Chain Tutorial - slower, step by step instructions for making the base chain.


You don't have to ruin your diet to make one of these purses. I plan to pick up wrappers and bags (that aren't too gross) from the roadsides and in the park during my walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment