05 February 2011

Current and Past Projects

Wow, has it really been so long since I've posted? After the crocheting and fabric portrait-making frenzy last April, I was a bit burned out on crafting. I have not done much experimental crafting, but I have completed a few projects for competitions and fundraising.

I entered two amigurumi pieces in last year's Needlework Art Show at the Stow-Munroe Falls Library and both pieces took third place. This was quite exciting because it was the first time I had entered a competition.
The pattern for the panda was from the crochet-a-long that I posted about before. The sushi patterns were from Tasty Crochet: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 33 Tasty Treats.

This year I am working on a dragon. The pattern is by Lucy Ravenscar. I love Lucy's patterns. Not only are they super cute and detailed, the instructions are clear and easy to follow. I've purchased several of Lucy's patterns and have been very happy with the results. Here's Lucy's photo of the dragonet:

And here is what I've accomplished in the past two days:
After the Radcom Art Show, there was a fundraising auction for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I created this Daffodil Trail fabric portrait to be auctioned. Next to it, is the framed version of my Romeo and Juliet in Central Park.

The next competition I was going to enter was for the National Collage Society. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I didn't get it finished in time. Here is the finished fabric portrait and the photo I used. The photo was taken at the Butterfly House at Put In Bay.

I am also currently working on a Mug Rug Swap. I hope to have the mug rugs complete this weekend, so I'll have something to share on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment